On this page we have Cheats, Tips, Tricks, Walkthroughs and Secrets for Secret of Mana on the Super Nintendo.
If you are still stuck after using the cheats on this page you can post a comment at the bottom of the page
Normal Secret of Mana (SNES) Cheats
Get back into Potos Village – If you want to get back inside the village you were banished from, you must have all 3 characters. Then walk up to the man blocking the entrance, and rapidly push the SELECT button while holding the UP button against the man. Eventually you would will push your way through him, and be back into Potos Village. Note that this trick might not work in escaping from Potos Village, so make sure you have the Flammie Drum before you attempt this.
Avoid magic attacks using pygmy hammer/Moogle belt – Whenever an enemy character casts an attack spell on you or an ally use the pygmy hammer / moogle belt on the character being attacked , do this twice before the spell animation ends and if done correctly the character will completly avoid taking any damage. This trick is especially useful when you are fighting the Mana beast.
Disarm traps in chests (PAL only) – Most likely a glitch, but after acquiring Sylphid and the spell Analyzer, any chest you scan will be safe from traps, regardless whether or not the chest had a trap before that. This has only been confirmed to be the case in the English PAL version though.
Hidden developer credit – When wielding a weapon, hold down L + A on Controller 1, then press R 39 times. Release L + A, then press R again. If successful, you will see NAS, short for Nasir Gebelli displayed on your characters’ weapon gauge.
Mana Sword – If you are thinking that the other ‘mana sword gaining techniques’ are dodgy, fear not. Go to the Mana fortress and kill as many enemies as it takes to get a chest. It will usually contain useless things, but eventually (after ages) you will get an orb. It may not be the final orb of the sword, if not it will be the orb for another weapon. Repeat until finally successful.
Unlimited Weapon Orbs – Go to any chest in a dungeon that has an orb and open it, then use the magic rope to teleport to the entrance of the dungeon. Go to the nearest watt and have him forge the weapon. then return to the chest where you found the orb and another of the same type of orb will be there. repeat this process as many times as you’d like.
(Note: Do not forge your weapon past its highest phase or it will be turned back to it’s very first stage i.e. if you forge your sword to its 9th and final stage the forge it once more it will become the rusty blade.)
The Last Boss – To beat the last boss without losing one point of life use the “mimibelt”. When the boss attacking you have to transform yourself just before you get hit and then nothing will happen to you. You have to repeat this move before every attack.
Level 9 Sword – You can get the lv 9 sword without using the mana spell.
You need the lv 8 sword and Flammie.
Near the Ice Palace there will be a very small island next to it. Land on it.
If you go up and see neko when you land talk to him and save the game.
Hold L, R, start, select, for about 2 seconds, which will reset the game.
Start a new game and keep playing until you meet the 1st Mantis boss.
During the battle (not when they are talking and not after you win) hold L, R, start, select, for about 2 seconds again.
Select the game where you saved it at neko.
When you start the data you will be in the hole where the mantis boss is.
Kill it (which shouldn’t be that hard) and you will get a power up for the sword.
Go to Watts and you can get the Mana Sword.
Note: Do not try this more than once, it will mess up your data. Also you should make an extra data because you might mess up and the you wont be able to use the data anymore.
Hidden Areas – The first one I found is a salesperson selling some good items in the Castle of Tansicia (is that how you spell it?). Go to the room with the bridge.¿You can already see him. Do this:
1. Go behind the bar.
2. You should be able to walk into a wall behind there.
3. Make your way around into the room.
4. You can still talk to the person while you’re standing on the ground.
Note: This second one is completely pointless, even though it’s fun.
Haven’t you always wanted to work at a hotel? Here’s your chance! Just do this!
1. Go to the inn at Matango.
2. Walk into the wall on the left side.
3. Make your way around to stand at the counter!
Check Out Our Youtube Channel
Please check out our youtube channel which is dedicated to everything SNES related. We try to post at least one video a week and our videos cover, Cheats, Reviews, SNES Game Hacks, SNES Hidden Gem Games and much more, Check us out now
Help support this site by subscribing now.
Secret of Mana SNES Pro Action Replay Codes
If you are lucky enough to own an action replay you can use the below codes in Secret of Mana snes cheats on the SNES. If any of the codes do not work, or if you know of any that do work that I did not mention please post about it in a comment below.
- Unlimited HP (Hero): 7EE18271
- Invincibility: 09FEECB2
- Killing An Enemy Levels Up Weapons: C04405B0
- Game Won’t Progress Forward: 00DDECFF
You can kill bosses/open chests repeatedly.
- Enemies Can’t Move: 01DA4044
- Unlimited Sprite Magic: 7EE58663
- Unlimited Girl Magic: 7EE38663
- Max Girl Magic: 7EE38763
- Main Sword Level Up: 7EE1D163
- New Game With All Weapons Except Sword: 00FE2CC6
- Earthquake Code: 01D65295
- Call Flammie Without Drum: 01E6A2E8
- Gain A Level After Defeating An Enemy: 158BF668
Try any one of the following codes if this one doesn’t work.
- Gain A Level After Defeating An Enemy: 16DEFA91
- Gain A Level After Defeating An Enemy: 16DEFA9B
- Gain A Level After Defeating An Enemy: 1A87F568
- Gain Levels: 1889A7F3
- Start New Game At Level 16: 28A0FDA4
- Start New Game At Level 16: 80C35944
- Start New Game At Level 16: C0CE5D81
- Start New Game At Level 16: CDA9F2A4
- Hero Will Perform Highest Attack Without Charging Up: 3F87301F
- Always Get A Treasure Chest: 6DA6846D
- Max Money: 7ECC6CBF
- Girl’s MP 99 and Unlimited: 7EE38663
- Protection From Most Attacks: C0C0BEBD
- Weapon Skills Increase Quickly: C0C3597F
- Kill One Enemy To Reach Level 53: C0CE5D8F
- Enemies Are Scared of you & Take Damage: C0CE5DF1
- Start with 32k Gold: C0D7B480
- Start with 65k Gold: C0D7B4FF
- Items in Potos Shop Are Free: C0FD1EAF
You just need enough money to flag you for the purchase.
- All Item Shops Are Free: C0FD1EFF
You just need enough money to flag you for the purchase.
- Walk through Walls: C3E0ADE8
- Unlimited Magic Points: C8E724B9
Warning: This works for Monsters too!
- Chest In Elder’s Basement of Potos Gives 65k Gold: CA8E9FFF
- You can repeatedly open Chest in Elder’s Basement of Potos: CA8EAFFE
- Magic Skill Increases Very Quickly: D0CDED7F
- Candy Costs Nothing: D8FB9C00
- Cup of Wishes Cost Nothing: D8FBA600
- Medical Herb Costs Nothing: D8FBA400
- Faerie Walnut Costs Nothing
- Royal Jam Costs Nothing: D8FBA000
- Chocolate Costs Nothing: D8FB9E00
- All Items Neko Sells Are Free: E88F4800
- Always Strike Enemies at Full Power: 7EE1ED00
- Kill One Enemy To Level Up Party
- Enemies Always Drop Chests
- All Player’s Attacks Are Max
- All of Sprite’s Elementals Are Level 8
- All of Girl’s Elementals Are Level 8
- One Shot All Enemies
- Unlimited Gold
- 100% Sword Strength
- Start New Game At Level 16
- Strike an Enemy to increase a Level
- Unlimited Energy, Power Up Faster and One Shot Enemies
- Can’t be Hurt by Magic or Physical Attacks
Also you can one shot almost all enemies.
- Talking To The Air
- God Mode: C3E0ADE8
- Instant Ready Attack: 3F87301F
- Player 1 Weapon Skill Increase: C0C3597F
- Walk Through Walls: 7EE20BFF
Works for Girl Only.
- Walk Through Walls: 7EE40BFF
Works for Sprite Only.
- Instant Charge: 7EE01A2C
- No Negative Status Effects: 7EE19100
Also unable to die; only works for Hero.
- Sword Is the Mana Sword: 7ECC5548
- Walk Through Walls: 7EE00BFF
Secret of Mana SNES Game Genie Codes
If you are lucky enough to own a Game Genie you can use the below codes in Secret of Mana snes cheats on the SNES. If any of the codes do not work, or if you know of any that do work that I did not mention please post about it in a comment below.
- Unlimited Magic Points: 8B34-EF4F
- One Shot All Enemies: DDAA-7D6D
- Protection From Most Enemies: 0020-6DD0
- Enemies Don’t Move or attack party: 0020-6DD1
- You hit enemies for 999: E409-8707
- Every Spell Cast Gives Level up: 8D0D-8507
- Everything Costs and Sells for 0GP: CADB-EDD7
Your gold will also display at 0 but that’s just a graphical glitch.
- Protection From All Attacks: 8208-776D
Switch code off to kill enemies.
- Walk through Walls: 363C-770A
- Start Game With All Weapons Except Sword: A1E4-67D7
- Start Game at Level 53: 6E09-8707
- Start New Game With 255 GP: EE28-EDAF
- Start New Game With 32k GP: 6D28-EFDF
- Start New Game With 65k GP: EE28-EFDF
- Start New Game At Level 16: 6F09-8707
- Start a New Game at level 50: 6E09-8707
You have to win one battle but you’ll increase all the way to 50 once you do.
- Chest in Elder’s Basement gives 65k GP: EE6B-8738
The chest is found in Potos.
- Chest in Elder’s Basement can be opened repeatedly: EE6C-8738
- Items at Shops are Free: CE5F-5767
You’ll need enough money to buy the item, but the shop won’t take any.
- Rename Your Character: FE6C-8D18
- Changes the items sold by any shop you visit: F76C-8438
You can buy Chocolate, The Silver Band, The Golden Vest, The Chest Guard;
The Raccoon Cap, The Golden Tiara, The Cup of Wishes, The Medical Herb and Fairies’ Walnut
- Weapons Level Up Faster: 5EA9-E40D
- Magic Levels Up Faster: 5EA3-5507
- Every Spell Cast Gives Level Up: 8D0D-8507
- Weapon Bar Full When Running: 8286-A46F
- Monsters Always Leave a Chest: 6D0B-840D
- Change Screens to Max your Stats: DD03-ED04
- Go Up Many Levels: E76C-0934
- Instant Power Attack: FE67-AA72
- Candy Costs Nothing: DDEB-E544
- Cup of Wishes Cost Nothing: DDEC-E9C4
- Medical Herb Costs Nothing: DDEC-E944
- Faerie Walnut Costs Nothing
- Royal Jam Costs Nothing: DDEC-E044
- Chocolate Costs Nothing: DDEB-E5C4
- Enemies Look Different In Battle: BFO9-8707
- Every Enemy Killed Gives All Party Members Level Ups
- Weapon Bar Always Full When Attacking
- Inns Don’t Take Your Money
- The Inn in Potos is free
Secret of Mana Snes9X Codes
If you are playing Secret of Mana on Snes9x (Or another SNES emulator which supports cheat codes) there are a ton of cheat codes you can use. You can basically use any of the codes listed under the Action replay codes + Game Genie Codes sections, you simply need to enter the required code as per below.
To active the cheat code you want launch the Snes9x application and load your game, Then click on the cheat menu > “Game Genie, Pro-Action Replay Codes”
On the next screen enter the cheat code in “Enter Cheat Code” field, Then add a description and click on add then click ok to close this screen. The cheat code will now be activated, please note with some codes need you to reset the game for the code to activate.
If any of the codes do not work, or if you know of any that do work that I did not mention please post about it in a comment below.
Secret of Mana (SNES) Walkthroughs
Question : Are you stuck on this game or want to find and unlock everything?
Answer : Good news, There is a website that has thousands of walkthrough for snes games which were created and submitted by SNES fans just like me and you. Best of all there are some cheats and also save states you can also download. You can find a Secret of Mana snes walkthrough by clicking here
Misc Secret of Mana snes cheats Cheat Information
Question : Can I use all of these Secret of Mana snes cheats SNES Cheats?
Answer : The cheats I have listed under “Normal Secret of Mana cheats (SNES) Cheats” can be used by everyone. You will need a Action Replay or Game Genie to use the cheats listed on this page.
Question : What is A Pro Action Replay / Game Genie?
Answer : These are hardware cheat devices which plug directly in to your SNES / Super Nintendo then your game plugs in to the Action Replay / Game Genie device. When you turn your machine on you will be displayed with the Action Replay / Game Genie cheat screen where you can enter the cheat codes above.
Question : Do the Secret of Mana snes cheats Cheat Codes Only Work In The Snes9x Emulator?
Answer : No, the codes listed under game genie and action replay sections can be used in any SNES emulator which supports cheats.
Question : I have tried to use one of the cheats listed on this page but it doesn’t work, What can I do?
Answer : All the cheats listed on this page have been tested by me. If you are having issue with one of them post about it below and I will check it out for you.
Question : I know a good cheat for Secret of Mana snes cheats that is no listed on this page, Can you add it.
Answer : Please post about it in a comment below and I will add it to this article.
Question : Do you have any gameshark pro codes for Secret of Mana snes cheats?
Answer : We do not have any codes for the gameshark pro device.
Question : Do You Have Any Videos Of Cheats On The SNES?
Answer : If you want to see videos of this game take a look here for longplays, reviews, cheats and more.
Question : Do you have more SNES cheats on this site?
Answer : Yes 🙂 Please visit the links below to view all the cheats we have.
I hope this article on Secret of Mana Cheats + Action Replay / Game Genie Codes has helped you. If you are aware of any tips I have missed off please post about them in a comment below. Please help us out by spreading the word and sharing this article on Secret of Mana snes cheats (SNES) Cheats + Action Replay below.
If you have used any of these cheats please let us know if they were useful or not by rating the cheats below
Cheat Rating :